Last Updated: 3/12/2023
Cookies are small text files which are sent to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie.
Cookies act as a memory for a website, allowing that website to remember your device on your return visits. Cookies help websites remember your preferences and improve your user experience, for example, show you ads you might be interested in.
The cookies stored in your device are small pieces of text that cannot be used to access your hard drive or personal files, transmit computer virus or identify your e-mail address.
You can find more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them at https://www.aboutcookies.org/
Types of cookies we use
We use both session cookies (which exist only until you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which exist for a longer, specified period of time). The type of cookies used on our Websites can generally be put into three categories: Required, Performance, Advertising.
Our Websites also allow third parties to download cookies to your device. These third-party cookies are not under our control. For further information about their use, please visit the relevant third-party website for further information. You can access the policies of all the third parties we work with from our Third Parties document.
Below is the description of all the cookies used on our Websites.
These are cookies that are necessary for our Websites to function properly. You cannot opt out of these cookies unless you choose not to use our Websites.
These cookies are used for:
- Sign-in, log-in, and log-out options: These cookies enable you to sign in to your account, log in to the Website, and securely log out when you're done playing.
- Action logs: These cookies remember the actions you performed during your gameplay, such as answering trivia questions or interacting with game features. This ensures a seamless and personalized gaming experience.
- Consistent website appearance: These cookies ensure that our Websites maintain a consistent and visually appealing appearance across different pages and sessions.
- Relevant content recommendations: These cookies analyze your gameplay patterns and preferences to provide tailored content recommendations, such as suggesting trivia categories or game modes that align with your interests.
For example, social networking service websites can send you cookies when you log into our Websites via your social networking service account, use embedded “like” or “share” buttons on our Websites or see content embedded in our Websites from social networking services (e.g. images from Instagram) or Facebook.
These cookies help us enhance the performance of our Websites and provide a better user experience. While these cookies are not strictly necessary for the website to function, they greatly contribute to its overall performance. Here are specific examples of how these cookies may be used:
- Website analytics: Performance cookies allow us to collect anonymous data about how users interact with our Website. This includes information such as the number of visitors, the pages they visit, and the duration of their sessions. By analyzing this data, we can identify areas for improvement and optimize our Websites' performance.
- Error monitoring: These cookies help us detect and troubleshoot any errors or technical issues that may occur on the website. By monitoring error logs, we can quickly identify and resolve any issues that may impact the user experience.
We fund our Services by showing ads to you, including when you browse our Websites. These ads may be managed by our advertising partners specializing in providing ads for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visit so they can personalize the ads to you.
Please note that these advertising cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our Websites, but they play a significant role in our marketing efforts. By utilizing these cookies, we aim to provide you with a more personalized and engaging advertising experience.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. We, advertisers or our advertising partners cannot gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
Here are specific examples of how advertising cookies may be used:
- Retargeting: when you visit our Websites and show interest in a specific product or category, advertising cookies remember your preferences. Later, when you browse other websites or apps within our advertising partner network, these cookies enable this partner to show you relevant ads related to the products or categories you were interested in.
- Frequency capping: advertising cookies can help our advertising partners manage the frequency of ads you see. By using these cookies, they can limit the number of times a particular ad is displayed to you within a given time period. This helps prevent overexposure to the same ad and ensures a more balanced and less intrusive advertising experience.
Learn more about the third-party advertising service providers we work with.
Other cookies / unforeseen cookies
Considering how the Internet and websites operate, we won't always be able to control the cookies that are stored by third parties through our Websites. This applies especially in cases in which the web page contains embedded elements, texts, documents, pictures or short videos that are stored somewhere else, but are displayed in or through our Websites.
How to control cookies
You have several options to choose the way cookies are used on our Websites:
- You can adjust your cookies preferences on a particular Website and decide whether we use info from our partners and other services to customize our Services for you. Please note that if a Website doesn't offer an option to adjust the cookie preferences, and you wish to avoid sharing personal information, the most effective solution may be to stop using that Website.
- Your browser probably gives you cookie choices. For example, most browsers let you block "third party cookies," which are cookies from sites other than the one yo're visiting. Those options vary from browser to browser, so check your browser settings for more info. Here are some instructions on how to manage and delete cookies in the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you choose to disable some cookies that we use, you may experience reduced functionality or be prevented from using parts of this website.
If you have any concerns or questions about our Cookies Policy, please contact us via any of these channels of communication: